In line with my earlier announcement, we have today inaugurated the State Judicial Panel of Investigation led by Hon. Justice Solomon Olugbemi (rtd), according to the resolutions of the the National Economic Council, NEC meeting of 15th October.
The setting up of this Panel, as well as a support fund, committee, office, forensic lab, and online complaints portal, is a demonstration of our Administration’s commitment to true democracy and fundamental human rights.
The terms of reference of the Panel, which will conclude its assignment within six (6) months, are:
1. To receive and investigate complaints of Police brutality, human rights violation, or extra-judicial killings in Ogun State;
2. To evaluate evidence presented and other circumstantial details, towards drawing conclusions as to the validity of the complaints;
3. To recommend compensation and other remedies, where appropriate;
4. To determine all officers responsible in any way for the abuse of victims, and recommend their prosecution; and
5. Recommend to the Ogun State Government, ways to bring a permanent end to abuse of citizens’ rights by security agencies.
Other members of the Panel are drawn from CSOs, youth and student populations, NHRC, State Attorney General’s Office, and retired Police league.
I have charged the Panel to get to work immediately, towards the continued peace and security of our dear State.
I again want to plead with our youth and indeed all aggrieved people of Ogun State to sheathe their sword, as governments at all levels are already acceding to their requests in line with the commitment of the President @muhammadubuhari-led Federal Government to bring permanent solutions to all issues raised by the protest, so that our socioeconomic structure which has been disrupted in the past few days, may return to its place.
You may reach the Panel via:
Telephone numbers: 07080601223
#BuildingOurFutureTogether #ISEYA #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality