Sanguines are wonderful people who make life sweet and rosy! They are super talkers who enjoy making people happy and keep life hot, sorry, fun! You can’t meet a sanguine and be bored -nay! They know how to feed you with endless stories till you forget where you are or where you are going 😂!
Because sanguines have sweet mouths, miss Sarah is a good sales woman! She can sell anything including rubber crutches to a man who is not even crippled!
She is so emotional she can cry at the drop of a hat! If you need good mourners for an aged who just died, hire just 2 sanguines! That is enough! Soon, the whole city is wailing, weeping, crying and mourning!
They practice “rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep” without even knowing it is in the Bible!!!
These women can make you feel so important if your self esteem is dead, semi dead, completely dead or buried! Make friends with a sanguine! Within few weeks, you are feeling great and on top of the world! It is no surprise Mr Martins Melancholy fell head over heels in love with her and married her without wasting time! Who wouldn’t marry a woman who makes him feel good, great and important? He has never felt good in all his boring life!
The first couple of years was bliss!
Melancholies are good listeners who enjoy listening to the talkers. They are perfectionists who need some spontaneity to breathe life into their boring, routine life! They are the easy going introverts who need the erratic extroverts to keep some blood pumping in their veins!
But! No marriage is perfect!
Soon Mr Martins discover Sarah easily tells lies to bail herself out of trouble. She is easily forgetful! You have to remind her important meetings she needs to attend. And when she attends, she goes there late. She is so in disciplined with time, she couldn’t hold down top jobs for a sensible length of time. You can never count on Sarah Sanguine to arrive at any where early -nay! You will be disappointed! She is a flatterer who exaggerates for no reason! She finds it difficult to keep relationships for a long period of time! She is scattered brained! She lacks focus! She is too friendly with men to the point of flirting and can be careless or too casual in her dressing unless someone corrects her.
Sarah is not happy at her perfectionist husband who expects her to say things accurately without adding spices! It is killing her creativity and she is feeling frustrated! He expects her to remember details and life must be undisturbed! Every where in the home must be sparkling clean! Things must be left exactly where they are and she can’t imagine going through some excruciating chore after labouring hard at the office! His life is boring to her because he enjoys routine but she hates routine!
He is critical, keeps malice, revengeful, unforgiving and often punishes her with his silence!
Does that sounds like you or your marriage?
How can you make the difference?
How can you enjoy heaven on earth in your marriage despite being a sanguine married to a melancholy?
1. Understand no one is perfect including your husband. Be ready to forgive when he does things you don’t like.
2. Study the melancholy temperament so you can understand your husband strengths and how to live with/manage his weaknesses.
3. Understand you have weaknesses too and work on them daily.
4. Avoid lies, exaggeration and flattery. They don’t look good on believers. Lying is of the devil. You are a child of God. Have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness.
5. Learn to be disciplined. Be disciplined to work on your weaknesses/, dreams, goals, vision and aspirations.
6. Avoid being too friendly with men as it can make your husband jealous.
7. Don’t be so focused on being loved by people that you displease God. Sanguines can lie, flatter, exaggerate or live a fake life to get people to like them.
8. Learn to talk less and act more. There is a time to work and time to talk. Don’t spend all your life talking when you should be working or you will look back and realize half of your life has been wasted on idle talks.
6. Avoid gossips and time wasters.
7. Appreciate your husband’s strengths.
8. Be humble enough to listen to his corrections.
9. Pray for grace to be who God wants you to be.
10. Pray for your marriage daily.
May the Lord grant us all the wisdom we need to make our marriage work in Jesus’ name!
You are blessed!