1. Fashion: Some people find it cute hence making it a fashion statement and the more beautiful you think you are, the more confident.
2. Weight loss/gain check: sounds strange but waist beads are use by a lot of ladies to know if they have added weight or if they have lost them. Once the beads that used to sit on your waist starts feeling tight, you know the waist is bigger. Some are meant to be a bit tight so the owner knows when she has she dropped weight.
3. Culture: it is just some people’s culture no arguments.
4. Religion: a lot of people wear beds as amulets, protective materials etc. It is what they believe and personal.
5. Feels good: Some women love how the beads tickle them as they walk. Weird but sure. Heck some actually wear it to keep their hands busy as it becomes a type of toy.